According to MobiThinking’s mobile statistics database, the proportion of searches from mobile devices in 2011 can be as high as 30%.
Berg Insight believe that by 2016, mobile marketing will account for 15.2% of all global online advertising spend. The bottom line is that, if you’re not already thinking about mobile, you should be.
What do you need to do?
It is important to note that mobile SEO is not about technical optimisation, it is all about design and content; your visitors are restricted both in display size and interaction when they’re browsing your site on a mobile device, so do not expect they will be able to navigate your normal site.
You have to make it as easy as possible for them to find the information they are looking for, through techniques such as collapsing your links into a vertical column, utilising expandable divisions or just making the links bigger, you always need to be thinking how you could make the browsing life of your visitors easier.
With over half of mobile searches leading to purchases, the “what’s in it for me?” box should be well and truly ticked.
How can we help?
- Ongoing, expert consultancy
- Advice on how to avoid duplicate content with your site
- Liaise with your developers to ensure your mobile site is as user friendly as possible
- If your web designer is taking on your mobile site, we can advise on the best way to balance rich content with performance
- Advice on why you should push social media on your mobile site before thinking about anything else